Our vision statement: Through God’s strength PYNSW aims to equip the Church to disciple all youth for Christ.
PYNSW works with youth leaders at local churches around NSW to help those churches disciple their young people.
Originally constituted in 1872 as the Presbyterian Fellowship Union, Presbyterian Youth (PY) was also formerly known as The Presbyterian Fellowship of Australia in NSW; and remains the youth organisation of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in NSW.
Its aims are to present to youth the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the only way of salvation and call them to an obedient acceptance of Christ as Saviour and Lord; help youth to mature in their understanding of the life, death, resurrection and teaching of Christ through study of the Bible, prayer and fellowship; and encourage youth to commit themselves to Him as Lord, to join the membership of the Church and devote their lives to the service of God.
PY works to:
- Assist churches and presbyteries to fulfil their responsibility to reach, disciple and place into Christian service youth within the context of the Church
- Promote outreach, mission, discipleship, learning and fellowship among young people and foster an ongoing concern for these things within the context of the Church
- Unite the youth of the Church in a fellowship of worship, study, recreation and service
- Facilitate the integration of youth into the life of the Church
- Facilitate training for youth leaders
- Provide a statewide Christian camping ministry
- Assist the Church to develop effective strategies for youth work